Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Change is in the Air

A chatterbox by nature, a writer by trade, you'd think this blogging thing would come naturally to me... but I'm trained to tell an entire story in 20 seconds, so please bear with me - I'm not used to this yet!

Ah, life in a college town... and one in the south at that. As Bailey said, we were hoping for a wedding date in September... or at least I was.

"I want to do it tomorrow!" he's been saying. I wish.

But a lot of you girls know how long it takes to plan all this crap (pardon my French, but as a bit of a dude, I have to say a lot of it is just that hah).

As any Hog fan knows, the football schedule for each year comes out in February... and that means no picking a definitive date until at least then. No problem, I say - I'll just wait and pick the date of an away game... but then my friend Matt Turner made a good point.

"Lisa, you do realize that everyone's going to be checking their cell phones during your wedding to see the score of the game, right? And they're gonna leave as soon as they can to get to the nearest TV."

Problem.

So we've just eliminated September - November... but there are a couple of other issues at hand, too. First off, in the media, you have what's called "sweeps" - our ratings periods. These are the holiest of holy, which means if you want off work - too bad, so sad. That knocks out four months of the year. I don't want it to be too hot or too cold - so there go another three months. And I can't forget about my gorgeous cousin Courtney and my beautiful friend Dana getting married in June - another month gone.

This leaves us with April. I've never wanted a spring wedding - too likely to rain, I say. But at this point, what choice do I have? I've decided I'm with Bailey.

"If you just can't wait, we'll do it in April."

"It's not that I can't wait, I just want to be married to you as soon as possible."

What girl can refuse that?

April it is... if we can get a place booked, that is. We've decided on our first choice... but we don't even know if they'll let us rent it. It's not a place anyone has ever gotten married in, I can guarantee you that... but we're going to try. Wish us luck!! We'll keep everyone updated. <3

3 comments:

  1. gasp! april?! so soon!! you can totally pull this off, b! you know i'll help you! <3

    (and thank goodness we didn't decide to get pregnant this year cause i'd be birthin' a child that month)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I am so excited for the two of you! Good luck with the location!

    ReplyDelete